Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Turns out I can't climb rope yet

Today's work out was another short one.  Short enough that we had to do an OT work out: rope skills.  And the answer is that I have none.  For some reason I found it impossible to "stand up" on the rope.  And even though my feet never made it more than 6 inches off the floor, my hands hurt.  Actually, bizarrely, the tip of my middle finger hurts and I have no explanation for that...

1/25/12 WOD #10:

  • Warm up: 500 m row
                    10x pass throughs
                    10x press (with 15# barbell)
                    Lunge down the box and back
  • WOD #10.1: Max unbroken wall balls
                         Reps: 6
  • WOD #10.2: 3 rounds for reps
                         3 minutes: max kettle bell jerks (15#)
                                         400 m row
                                        (15 burpee penalty for unfinished rows)
                         3 minute rest
                         Reps: 13/8/11, no penalty
This was a work out of strategy.  We noted our time for 400 m during the warm up so we could stop doing jerks in time to bang out the row without going over 3 minutes.  Because NO ONE wants to do burpees.  Ever.  I started my jerks with 8# dumb bells but did that way too quickly so I got bumped up to the 15# kettle bells.  My second round reps were low because I was holding them wrong at the outset and the coach had to run over and adjust my hands.  Actually, my second round was apparently cursed because my rowing machine malfunctioned so I just did squats while she fixed it.  But the moral of the story for me is that I did not have to do burpees.  I came in for my 400 m just under the 3 minute mark each time that I actually did a row.  Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment