Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Long haul

Today's WOD was one of the longer ones- often CrossFit WODs are fairly short with high intensity.  Today's had a cut off at 35 minutes so we could all get out of there in time for our real jobs.  And I definitely hit that cut off (thank God, because my thighs were burning with the fire of a thousand suns).

3/14/12 (pi day!) WOD #24

  • Warm up: 500 m row
                    50 double unders (ha.  Again.  The rope I grabbed was bent in the middle and kept angling to the side.  And I am lame.  So I stopped.)
                    2x (actually only did 1x): 10 chest-to-bar pull ups
                                                          10 box jumps
                                                          10 HSPU
                                                          10 pistols (each legs)
  • WOD: 5 rounds for time (or 35 minutes, whichever came first)
                                         10 pull ups
                                         20 push ups
                                         30 pistols (15 each leg)
                                         40 squats
                                         50 double unders (or 150 single unders)
                                         Time: 3 rounds + 20 push ups + 14 pistols in 35 minutes
For those of you who have never done one, pistols are a one legged squat.  You grab one foot with your hand and lower down so your butt breaks the plane of your knee (ass to ankle) and then stand confidently back up with your weight through your heel.  Most people need to hang onto something for both balance and leverage, but the ultimate goal is to just do them by your onesies.  I find them to be torturous.  Although, let's be honest here: most CrossFit moves are torturous.  And yet I keep going back for more.....

And I just found out the Open WOD that I will be doing tomorrow will be wall balls!  My quads cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment