Thursday, March 29, 2012

TABATA this!

On Saturday of the last Open WOD my amazing sister-in-law was in town so we did the morning work out together!  (I figured I didn't need to save myself for the Open since I was only going to do 3 or 4 reps.  And besides, at least I would be nice and warm for those thrusters!)

The WOD turned out to be my first tabata.  I still don't know precisely what it stands for, or if it is actually an acronym at all, but I can tell you what it means.  It is a high intensity interval work out: 8 rounds of each exercise with each round consisting of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest.  You get a 1 minute rest between each exercise to move on to the next one.

3/24/12 WOD #29:

  • Warm up: 10 walking lunges
                    10 burpees
                    10 strict pull ups
                    200 m run
  • WOD: TABATA this: 8 rounds of 20 sec work, 10 s rest
                                      Squats: 88
                                      Rows: 32 calories
                                      Pull ups: 26
                                      Sit ups: 70 
                                      Push ups: 103
                                      Total: 319
Turns out, I love tabatas!  I love being able to give it my all knowing that in just a few seconds I can collapse briefly on my face and shake it out a bit.  By the end of it my arms were shaky, my legs were shaky, I was sweaty and tired and I felt awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment