Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Running and freezing

Monday started too early and too cold for comfort. My car was covered in ice crystals (fortunately not blocking vision as I would have been late if I had needed to scrape my windows). I parked in back of the box and was relieved as I rounded the corner having seen no one running for warm up and that the big door was closed. All signs pointed to an inside day...
...not. Yup: the WOD involved running. Outside.
Ah well. That's why I habitually wear my ratty old UP sweatshirt.
3/19/12 WOD #26:
* warm up: 25 burpees
                   250 m row (didn't do as the rowers were full)
                   2x: 10 pull ups
                         10 pass throughs
                         10 sit ups
                         10 squats
                      Turkish get ups with a bar (technique practice)
*WOD: 3 rds for time
          400 m run
          20 sit ups
          2 rope climbs (scale: lower down and up with the rope 3x/rope climb)
            Time: 16:27
This wod actually felt pretty good (aside from the fact that we nearly froze to death when starting the first run). I run slowly but I never stop, and I can do 20 sit ups with the ab mat without wanting to cry. I did the scaled rope climb, but so did most everyone. My time would actually have been faster, but the 6am class had gotten bigger so in spite of our best efforts most of us still had to cool our heels a bit to get on a rope. And I am proud to say that I actually didn't finish last this time!
My other accomplishment for the day was to attempt some rope climb technique as overtime. The difficulty is being able to loosen the rope wrapped around your leg enough to shimmy your knees up to your chest, then tighten the wrap so you can stand up on the rope. I was actually able to do a little shimmy up so I was pretty proud. I stopped there because the tips if my fingers had gone a bit numb, but if a rope climb rears it's ugly head for the last open wod, I may actually get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment