Sunday, May 13, 2012

Another day, another mile

For reasons that are unclear, I have been suffering from shin splints since the Open.  Which probably everyone is tired of hearing about because I think I moan about it every time we run for a WOD.  But in spite of this and also in spite of the fact that we are now forbidden from running around both buildings thanks to cranky neighbors, I still managed to cut down my mile time again.  For those counting, that means that instead of 4 laps around 2 buildings for your mile, it is 8 laps around one building which is harder to keep track of when you are trying not to throw up.

5/7/12 WOD #46:

  • Warm up: 500 m Row
                    3 min jump rope work
                    10 pass throughs
                    10 pull ups
                    10 back ext
                    10 sit ups
  • WOD #1: 1 mile run for time.  10:41 (13 seconds off!)
  • WOD #2: 20 minute AMRAP
                    5 push ups
                    10 pull ups
                    20 sit ups
                    40 DU (120 singles)
                    Total: 4 rounds + 15 reps
Actually, this workout was an awesome cluster of awesomeness because not only did I shave 13 seconds off my mile (that much closer to a sub-10 minutes baby!) BUT I went down several bands on my pull ups!  I have been sitting on green for a while (the second heaviest band) but Lori saw me on my first round and declared that I was more than ready to move down a band.  The next band is purple, followed by black, followed by red.  The purple and black bands were in use so Lori grabbed two reds for me to use together (we think that is somewhere between purple and black). And although it was WAY harder to fling myself up with those bands than it was with the green, I could still do it.  Of course, I had to stop between every other pull up to shake out my arms.  But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment