Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Scaled bad-assery

The warm up for this WOD involved doing rope climbs.  I have not done a rope climb successfully before but I figured a warm up was a great opportunity to give it a shot.  I managed to get myself halfway up a rope!  ...I don't know how it looked from the ground, but I am sticking with halfway.

5/2/12 WOD #44

  • Warm up: 800 m run
                    2x: 7 strict pull ups
                          7 jumping lunges
                          7 burpees
                          7 HSPU (scaled)
                    1/2 rope climb
  • WOD: AMRAP 12 minutes
               15 ft rope climb (scaled)
               15 push ups (girly)
               9 rounds + 1 rope climb + 7 push ups


Scaled rope climbs are lowering yourself down to the ground and back up to standing three times for every prescribed rope climb.  Normally this takes me a little bit of time, as I slowly lower myself down and come back up.  For some reason I started this workout with a sense of urgency- I wanted a lot of reps and a lot of rounds.  I move fast at push ups anyway (note to self: I should probably switch to non-girly push ups soon) and I just attacked the scaled rope climbs as fast as possible.  I felt like I was finally in beast mode!  It was sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment