Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rocking the knee high pink striped socks

My fashion statement today was amazing: knee high pink striped socks.  And about 3 seconds into the work out, my face was flushed pink enough to match!  I just don't even know how I can stand to be this sexy...

Today's WOD was a gymnastics/body weight WOD.  And it was fairly awful.  It never feels good when someone in your class finishes his final round while you are still huffing and puffing your way through round one. But Lori kept me going through the whole thing.  Because it was within my reach, I just wanted to die while doing it.

2/15/12 WOD #14:

  • Warm up: 500 m row
                    2x: 25 m Beck's Burpees (these are burpees that end with a giant broad jump.  More evil than normal burpees if possible)
                         25 m High knees
                         25 m Butt kickers
                         25 m Lat lunges
                         25 m Lat shuffle
                         25 m HS walk (I actually managed a few steps!  Mostly I kicked up and came back down, but I did manage a few steps.  I also managed to biff it and fall hard enough that my left foot and left hand went numb upon landing.)
  • Challenge: 250 m row for time: 1:09
                    Max pull ups (blue band): 11
  • WOD: 3 rounds for time: 25 m Becks Burpees
                                           25 m Reverse walking lunges
                                           15 pull ups
                                           15 sit ups
                                           20 grass hoppers
                                           Time: 32:18
Oh yes.  I was the last one done.  Half of my fellow athletes had gone home by the time I finished.  And yet again, my burpees by the end were more "collapse, stagger up, broad jump, fall over...."  But I did it, and that is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment