Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Angie

Today's WOD was one of the Benchmark girls.  These are work outs that everyone in CrossFit centers across the country do, and they are done intermittently through the year so you are able to track your progress as you go.  And so today I conquered: Angie.

1/18/12 WOD #7:

  • Warm up: 1000 m row
                    DNF remainder of warm up
  • WOD: Angie
               100 Pull ups (box)
               100 Push ups (girl style)
               100 Sit ups
               100 Squats
               Time: 34:06
This actually was not as bad as it could have been namely because my first official WOD of the year was a mile run, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and 100 squats.  So I had basically done most of this work out at my least in shape point and I am already seeing an improvement.  For instance: I did not nearly pass out during this work out.  So victory there.  Once again, I was the last finisher.  Today a very tall marine who finished the WOD first and unmodified (I think...we encourage each other but we are also all in our own little worlds of pain during the work out) was counting down my last squats with Lori (the coach) and each time I finished a set of 10 with obvious effort, I heard him say, "YES!"  I also heard him comment, "Look how far down she goes.  That's awesome!"

Also awesome: my tron pants.  Just saying.  

After the WOD I staggered out to my car, brushed off the accumulated inches of snow, and drove very very slowly home.  Winter has finally come.  Halfway through January.  *eyeroll*

1 comment:

  1. Go Andrea! I told you the Tron pants were worth it. ;) Can't wait until the next time you visit me our I visit you and we can go together!

    ReplyDelete