Saturday, January 14, 2012

I hate jumping lunges

The last time I did jumping lunges, I bruised the crap out of my knees.  Literally black and blue.  Today, I think I ma have pulled my quad.  Or at least strained it somewhat.  This was my first Saturday at CrossFit and it was packed.  I met a bunch of new people and loved again how much camaraderie there is in the box.

1/14/12 WOD #5:

  • Warm-up: 400 meter run
    50 meter each: High Kicks
                           Lunges
                           Broad Jumps
                           Lateral Lunges
                           Butt Kickers (DNF- honestly didn't see it on the board)
    2x: 10 squats, 10 sit ups, 10 pull ups (didn't do the pull-ups and only finished one round.  Whoops)
  • WOD: 3 rounds for time: 400 meter barbell run (15#)  (ran a bit, walked most)
                                           20 thrusters (15#)
                                           20 jumping lunges (stopped the jumping so much)
                                           20 box jumps (step ups actually)
                                           Time: 31:21
Yeah, I didn't finish today's warm-up.  But I DID finish the WOD.  My right quad hurts like hell so I am currently icing it.  Unfortunately it was sharp pain rather than the good burning.  Hence much of the not-so-much jumping during the second two rounds of the WOD.  I will have to take it easy on Monday but I will still go back.  I have also decided that when I start my second month I will get me a CrossFit shirt.  I like the one that says, "That isn't sweat.  It's my body crying."

No comments:

Post a Comment