Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A new beginning

For my new year's resolutions, I didn't go with the standard "Don't be such a fatty fat" this year.  Instead, inspired by my sister-in-law, I declared that I would try CrossFit.  And I decided to give myself a month rather than committing to a full year.  Little goals here, people.  So I am going to be logging my work outs and progress here.  If I only do a month, it will be a very short blog.  But I am hopeful that I will keep on pushing!

I'll go back and log my first few work outs as well as my starting numbers in a later post...this one is starting rather mid-stream with my 4th WOD.

1/11/12 WOD #4:

  • Warm-up: 400 meter run
                     10 sets of stairs
                     1000 meter row
                     2 sets each: 10 good-mornings (15#)
                                        10 squats
                                        10 grass-hoppers
  • WOD: 10 sets for time: 15 dead lifts (35#)
                                        15 hand-release push ups (girl style)
                                        TIME: 23:30
This was a tough one and I honestly did not think I would be able to complete all 10 sets (or at least complete them in time to come back home and shower before work).  Push ups suck.  Also, it was so cold on the run that I had tears streaming down my face by the end- not crying, just reaction to the cold!  

MILESTONE: my first time completing a warm up!

No comments:

Post a Comment