Monday, April 2, 2012

Doc's birthday WOD

If you have such a mind and it is your birthday, you can make up your own WOD and submit it to Lori for approval.  I think we can all agree that we are glad Doc was only turning 22.  This was a long WOD that got cut off at 40 minutes for those of us who needed to run home and shower before heading off to work.

3/28/12 WOD #31:

  • Warm up: 50 DU (150 single)
                    10 burpees (actually, we were supposed to do 25, but my pants kept trying to fall down and I just was feeling grumpy so I said "fuck it" and stopped).
                    10 squats
                    10 push ups
                    10 pull ups
                    10 back extensions
  • WOD: 3 rds for time (or 40 minutes, whichever came first)
               Row 22 calories (it takes a depressingly long time to row 22 calories)
               22 wall balls
               22 box jumps
               22 back extension
               22 sit ups
               22 push ups
               22 knees-to-elbows (modified to just tucking my knees up)
               400 m run
               Completed 2 rounds and 18 calories of rowing into round 3
This was a day of wardrobe malfunctions for me.  First my pants wouldn't stay on for the burpees, then my amazing sports bra that I bought from REI YEARS ago and I just LOVE because it is the best sports bra in the world...started to fail on me. The straps are adjusted with a little velcro-style closures.  But on this day every time I jumped or ran or did anything that might be higher-impact, the left strap started coming undone. So every 3 box jumps or so I had to reattach my bra.  And on the run I had to just hold onto my strap.  So this entire work out was overlaid with irritation at everything I was wearing.  

On the plus side, my wall balls were MUCH BETTER after the agony of 12.4.  Nearly every single rep hit the 9 ft mark.  It took me a while, but that's okay because it was something of a redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment