Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In which I got what I asked for

Every day CrossFit HQ posts work outs.  Often they look insane, but one caught my eye and looked like fun.  So I tagged Lori in a comment requesting the work out and sure enough we did it!

4/16/12 WOD #37:

  • Warm up: 400 m run
                    25 burpees (I only did 15)
                    10 jumping squats
                    10 sit ups
                    10 grasshoppers
                    10 pull ups
                    10 jumping squats
  • WOD: For time: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
                              Chest-to-bar pull up (green band)
                              Box jumps (24")
                              GHD sit ups
                              Time: 23:35
I liked the looks of this one because it took normal movements and kicked them up a notch: instead of normal pull ups, you do chest to bar; instead of box jumps at the normal women's standard of 20", do them at the men's standards of 24" instead; instead of ab-mat sit ups, do them on the torture machine known as the GHD.  The decreasing rep count is nice because by the end you are exhausted but you only have to do 3 more of each, then 2 more, and then just one rep of each movement and you're done!

This work out sucked while I did it.  At one point on the GHD I looked up at Lori and said, "What crazy person requested this WOD?"  But as always, it was awesome, it was fun, and it felt great to get through it! This was also a milestone for me because I was nailing my taller box jumps without a problem.

Here is the official demo of this WOD:



No comments:

Post a Comment