Friday, April 27, 2012

Tabata hell

I fell a little bit in love with Tabatas when Jen came out to visit and I had my first Tabata.  I really liked the intervals and having an excuse to rest briefly.  This one may have ended my love affair...

Rather than rest during the 10 second breaks, instead we held an active position before going back to the workout.  This resulted in mild agony and less reps overall because I needed to shake out whatever body part was weeping with pain during the 20 seconds of work.

4/23/12 WOD #40: Tabata Hell

  • Warm up: 800 m run
                    5 straight pull ups (2x)
                    5 turkish get ups (15# each arm)
                    5 HSPU (weight rack)
                    5 jumping squats
  • WOD: Tabata Hell
               Squats (rest at bottom)- 53 reps
               Push ups (rest in plank)- 60 reps
               Thrusters (rest with bar overhead)- 35# for three reps, then 15# for the rest- 34 reps
               Sit ups (rest with legs 6-12" above floor)- 64 reps
               KB swings (rest without putting the KB down)- 15#- 61 reps
               Total reps: 272
Poop.  I was hoping to break 300.

I really need to rest less.

No comments:

Post a Comment