Saturday, April 28, 2012

Great burning thighs of fire

After Tabata hell my thighs were killing me.  Resting in squat position made my legs practically cramp up with death.  So imagine the joy in my soul when the workout two days later was all about lunges.  ...reading that back to myself makes me sound a little bitter.  But in truth, I love this stuff and my butt is going to look AWESOME because of it.

4/25/12 WOD #41:

  • Warm up: 800 m run
                    10 mountain climbers
                    10 sit ups
                    10 good mornings (35# bar)
                    10 HSPU
                    10 ring pullups
  • WOD: 100 overhead lunges (25# plate) for time.  Every time you drop the plate, complete 5 ring ball ups.
    Time: 8:16
  • OT: 2 minutes of kipping ring pull ups -> none completed, but I tried!
I set myself a goal for this workout: I wanted to complete 25 lunges at a time before I let myself drop the weight.  I succeeded!   By the end of each set, my quads and glutes were burning like the fire of a thousand suns.  And my shoulders were not in a very happy place either.  I should also point out that I did not actually get a ball up, I mostly just pulled my knees up as far as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment